Friday, May 29, 2015

KEY WEST - SUNSET on MALLORY SQUARE

Spring Break this year was an adventure 
to the Florida Keys & Key West!
FUN FACT - KW celebrates the sunset every night! 

MALLORY SQUARE
The BEST Conch Fritters in Key West are on Mallory Square, outside of the KW Aquarium. (Thank you Sister for this valuable information!!)
I had Conch Fritters everywhere we ate and I will vouch that these ARE truly the BEST!! 

Time for Happy Hour and to celebrate the sunset on Mallory Square.  The festivities begin every night before the sunset and continues on after the sun sinks into the ocean.
You'll find live music, local foods, performers and dancing. 

Arrive an hour before the sunset
to get a good seat on the sea wall. 



I kept waiting for everyone to sing -
Day is done, gone the sun.
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky.
All is well, safely rest, 
GOD is nigh!! 
(15 years with the Girl Scouts :-}}



9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

We tried the Conch fritters too, they were good. Beautiful sunset captures from Key West. Did you see the Cat Man too?
Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

TexWisGirl said...

love the ship shot!

Poppy said...

Oh, those Coach fritters look scrumptious! What a fun time you had, and lovely, dramatic sunsets to end your adventurous days!

Poppy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The sunsets would be amazing to see! And I see you have your comment in a pop up now. Way to go girlfriend! Hugs, Diane

Lisa said...

I feel the need to go someplace tropical so I can try conch fritters and drink out of a pineapple!
So are they similar to something like fried clams? Kind of a savory / seafood-y type thing?

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

I 'very never had fried clams Lisa to compare. Conch Fritters are similar to hush puppies with the meat of the conch in it. Everyone adds their own spices and most will offer it with their own sauce to dip them in. Not fishy at all. DELISH!!!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Didn't see the cat man, Eileen. But there was a pig lady. I felt sorry for the little pig. They are smarter than dogs, and he didn't seem to mind doing the tricks, but he was afraid of all the people, and didn't want to be petted.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Suzan, thanks for answering my question about the Cat Man. And thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy Sunday!

Gail Dixon said...

Wow, I can understand why the sunset is such a celebratory time there. What an amazing trip!

Sorry I've been missing your posts. I've not been blogging much so I'm out of the loop. I just learned that yahoo users' comments post only on the blog and no email notification is sent. Yesterday I saw several of your comments waiting on moderation and I had no idea. That's one of the reasons I post more to Facebook now. If you're there, I'd love to connect with you.