Thursday, January 22, 2015

CABBAGETOWN - MR. GRUMPY

We're on our tour of Cabbagetown, Atlanta - 
walking down the middle of Powell St., 
OOOOing and Ahhhhhing over the 
colorful shotgun cottages and bungalows - 
when suddenly we see this. . . . . .
Then we hear two ferocious barking dogs . . . 
Look closely at the picture above and you'll see the snouts of two lovely Great Danes, 
earning their keep and letting us know not to come any closer.
See the massive "wind chimes" hanging in the tree?

Welcome to Mr. Grumpy's house!! 
He has been a resident of Cabbagetown for more than 25 years and he drives around the neighborhood in a golf cart.  
He can't be all bad since everyone talks about attending his backyard parties 
in the spring and summer. 
Let me introduce you to Mr. Grumpy -
the unofficial mayor of Cabbagetown!! 
I see a slight grin on that face :-}}


I am thrilled to take part 
with "Run A Round Ranch Report" - 

20 comments:

eileeninmd said...

What an amazing yard and fence.. So much going on there.. And I love the cute doggies.. Mr Grumpy is not so grumpy after all. Great photos, happy Thursday!

Cranberry Morning said...

Wow! Nice to know that Mr. Grumpy isn't actually all that grumpy. And today that makes my house look really tidy. LOL

TexWisGirl said...

wow! what a character! and what a place!

i'd love if you linked this to good fences this week, as it is certainly one-of-a-kind!

TexWisGirl said...

awesome! thanks, suzan!

Rose said...

I really enjoyed this post..would love to see this place in person. All photos are so interesting.

LV said...

Instead of trash pile shorty, this is trash pile Grumpy. I would be afraid to go in.

Merlesworld said...

That was different what a great place.
Merle............

Pauline Woodcock said...

Such a delight to see something so completely different. I have always had a soft spot for grumpy old eccentrics.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Ah, what a sight. Lovely to look at, just don't pet the doggies.

Terri B said...

I see an interesting character sitting there.. a little kooky, but interesting, I'll bet!~

Felicia said...

wow that's quite a fence. love my grumpy.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Thank you for reminding about your Good Fences post!!! FUN!!

carolann said...

Oh very interesting fences my word and oh wow Grumpy. Ha,ha

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

THAT's exactly what I thought!!! Instead of cleaning - we went exploring!!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

I have seen one picture of the inside of his house --- and it looked just like the outside. Bet it would be an adventure to see the inside :-}}

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Thank you Rose!!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Me too Pauline!! I bet his summer parties are the talk of the neighborhood!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

I wanted to pet the pooches - but they wouldn't settle down.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

I would have loved to meet the character!!!

Pamela Gordon said...

That sure is an interesting fence in front of Mr. Grumpy's house! Every town has to have an eccentric character don't they? Great pics.